Paint and shelves.
We have been making over our new home it has helped us feel less like renters and more like homeowners.
We have been making over our new home it has helped us feel less like renters and more like homeowners.
The kitchen was first. The off pink color did not fit the cupboards and counters. So we went with a tan color that we really like. Britton made me a beautiful barn wood floating shelf. When I switched out my China hutch for this buffet I was really missing a place to display my dishes. Problem solved!
The kids bathroom was a very soft pink and again not our favorite we went with a light gray. This is probably my favorite color in the house now. Britton made me shelves here for over the toilet since the toilet has three walls around it we got to make them nice and big, I see them being very useful in the future when each kid will have a whole counter full of stuff. I thought it would be fun to add a accent wall here and wall paper behind the shelves. When I mentioned this to my Dad he asked how strong our marriage was. I was confused at first but after wallpapering with my husband I understand even a small wall can drive you crazy. I went with a simple one step stick on paper that we only had to do two columns of but when it didn't stick and the first piece fell all the way off when we started the second piece... there was a whole lot of anger in that bathroom! But doesn't it look great now? And we are still married so it was not a complete disaster. But let's just say the shelves are pulling double duty, holding their own stuff and keeping the paper on the wall.
Last project was our bathroom. It was a sea foam green, pastel and absolutely my least favorite color in the house. We wanted to highlight the awesome tile in our shower and make it a little more retreat feeling. So we used kale green. It is dark but we are really liking it. Here we did floating shelves above the toilet and next to the vanity. I LOVE these shelves. Britton did such a good job on them, I could not have found anything more perfect for this bathroom. We are hoping to keep our counter cleaned off from here on out now.
Both bathrooms got some other adjustment with the lights, mirrors and towel racks. Nothing new just moved around to be more functional.
We are officially homeowners with a list of house projects, but it was fun to get these three knocked out. Still waiting for a little warmer
weather to tackle the garage, but that will be next.
No comments:
Post a Comment