Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Ryker Dane Lambson

Ryker Dane Lambson. 
Born December 26th, 2017 6:12pm
9lbs. 5.8oz 21.5 Inches
Lots of hair and dark gray eyes

The Day
Britton and I woke up to an alarm at 4:30 am, we were told to check in to the hospital at 5:30 am. The kids had fallen asleep at Grandma's house during our late game playing Christmas night. We left them asleep there and tried to get a good nights rest, I was pretty nervous and excited for the day ahead and tied to sleep as best I could.

We were moving a little slow and didn't get to the hospital tell 5:45. Luckily they did not have much going on and hadn't had a delivery in 2 weeks so they were pretty excited to see us. Got everything signed off and situated.  Dilated to 4, 50% effaced and baby at a -2.  Which was good, at my last Dr. appointment I was only dilated to 3 and baby was -3 or higher. Then we waited for my midwives to check in.
When I first went to my Dr. Appointment's for baby I was hoping to use the same wonderful midwife I had for Wyatt, Nicolle. She is very busy and has a lot going on so she recommended the new midwife on staff Martina. I would be her first patient in Los Alamos from start to finish as she had just graduated last year. But since I was her first it meant that Nicolle still had to supervise, so I really got two midwives. I was excited, I really appreciated the relationship I have with both of these amazing women. I would highly recommend either of them for pregnancy! I love that they let me have a say and are willing to help me figure out how best to listen to my body.

They came to break my water at 8:30 and see what my body would do on its own. no complaints here. Just walked around the room and bounced on the ball as everything slowly leaked out. 

An awesome thing about being induced the day after Christmas was that my sisters were still here. They agreed to come distract me and hang out with me as we all waited. My Mom, Danielle and Stasia came up a little after 10. I walked around the room some more and would get hooked up to the monitors once an hour to make sure Ryker was still holding strong. The monitor's would show an occasional contraction but I would never notice it on my own. Everyone got a lunch break in and I got to eat as well. I was doing side steps on the a stool, and rubing all the pressure points google suggested. At this point my Midwife was a little apprehensive, would I need some drugs to get labor going? 1:00pm she checked me again, dialted to 6, 75% effaced and baby at -1.  We realize my labor is silent, I don't feel or know it but my body is progressing on its own. We decided to keep up with the walking and add a 30min. sitting with the breast pump to stimulate labor.  Danielle, Stasia, Mom and Britton would all take turns walking the hall with me, we would do lunges and different long strides to help baby get in position. As I am walking around feeling no real pain, Danielle and Stasia were feeling a little jealous, as they should be! It was pretty crazy, but a blessing I am so grateful for! I would use the big medicine ball when I was bored with walking or sitting. About 4pm I got checked again, dilated to 8 90%effaced and baby at 0. It was all working! We keep up the walking and I notice a few of the contractions. 5:20 they start to hurt and I am using the medicine ball more to ease the pain, actually having to use breathing and relaxing technics to get through each contraction now. Shortly after that I decided if I could start pushing the sooner this would all be over. I only had to push a couple times with Elle and Wyatt, but I am now realize that they were really ready to come by the time I actually got to the hospital and checked in. Ryker was still a little high and had to work his way down with the pushing 40min. later after lots of help from my midwives directing my pushing efforts more effectively. Ryker was born 6:12pm! Yay!!! There is nothing more special then holding that brand new spirit!

So happy that he was in the 9lb range, long legs, and very similar mold to brothers and sister. The slower labor was awesome for my body as there was little damage and recovery pain were very manageable. You should all really hate me, really in pain for less then an hour and I get to have this beautiful baby boy! So worth it.

  My Dream team! Loved having these beautiful woman spend the day with me, their love and support was so special and it is going to be a great memory to have with Ryker's Birth. Britton and I were both so happy to be in the hospital, and know that we didn't have any risk of barely making it or not making it. The support from the Midwives and nursing staff was so comforting for us both.

 

Hospital visitors, the kids made it up right before bed time to meet their new brother.Conway was sick, and we decided not to get to close to baby but he was happy looking from a distance, and Elle and Wyatt were so happy to hold and love on Ryker.

We spent the next day in the hospital, getting all the tests and lab work done. Rykery checked out as a strong healthy baby. Feeding is great, so much easier after the first baby. We spent lots of snuggles, watched Hallmark and missed our family. Everyone made second visits to help us pass the day.
Then the next morning we got to check out just in time to say goodbye as everyone left for a quick Grandparent trip to AZ while Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids in White rock.
 Ryker felt so loved meeting all his cousins. Sister was always ready and waiting to be the backup holder whenever anyone else was done.

 

Yes and let it be recorded, Uncle Cooper refused to hold Ryker, saying newborns are to fragile and breakable. Conway held baby brother as soon as he was healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment