At age 91 my Grandpa had lived a very full and special life. Wyatt was born on Grandpas's birthday May 27th. we decided they should share a name too so Wyatt's middle name is Eugene which is my Grandpa's given name though he went by Gene his whole life. I loved getting a picture of the two each time we visited. I hope Wyatt always remembers to be a good and loyal man like Grandpa Bingham.
My grandpa was a doer, he was never not working in the yard on his house or cleaning the cars. He was always in charge of the meats, for breakfast he usually made us bacon and sausage it felt like a special treat since we usually only had one or the other if we had meat at breakfast. And any meat for dinner he would be the one to inspect it, suggest the seasoning and cooking method. One time my sister and I came for a visit when we were in college, we tried to make him pizza he was not impressed but he gave us tips to improve our skills.
I will always remember coming to visit us in NM and playing in the snow or helping with projects around our house. I love that i got to go to Disneyland and Disneyworld with him when I was a kid, it was so fun for me to see my Grandpa being a kid.
When Britton and I got married both my grandparents came to help with the reception prep, he painted all the flower stands and helped with all the set up. His service to us was very sweet, and as soon as he learned Britton was a doer they become kindred spirits.So many great things about my Mom she got from Grandpa. I know his legacy will live on in us all as we emulate what he taught us
For Spring Break in 2018 we decided to spend a few days with Grandpa and Grandma, Britton helped get some sod in and we all got to visit. Looking back on these pictures I can't help but cry. In these pictures Wyatt climbed up to Grandpa and just started chatting, Grandpa told him about all the games he liked to play as a kid, Wyatt was fascinated. To this day Wyatt can still tell you how to play the kick the can with Grandpa's rules.
My Grandpa loved having his home full of the people he loved. He loved his family fiercely and there was never a goodbye or a family prayer without him getting emotional.






No comments:
Post a Comment