Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dining table

I would like to dedicate this post to my cousin Amy. She inspired me to jump in to this project that I had been stalling on.
Before picture:

Little helper love that it does not stink and easily washes off until you wax so it was a easy stress free project for me being pregnant and did not have to worry about my little helper either. Listened  to some Backstreet Boys while we worked
 He said I had good jams. ;) see if he agrees in 10 years.

Deciding for the finish on the top of the table. Black "granite" top with a straight dark wax finish. Far left on the example. 8 had thought I wanted to do a lime oak finish wi th so cream streaks in it. But there was not grain on my super smooth table. And since this was a no sanding project I went with just a solid finish.
Chairs painted on coco before the dark wax. The dark wax brought a lot more green out then I was expecting but they turned into a nice rich finish that I love!

The table legs half waxed and one chair waxed. Single coat dark wax was all I need the more rub a polishing the shinier the finish.

Table painted in charcoal before wax finish.

To be completely  honest I am not in love. It is more unique and I enjoy the originality of it now but I feel like it needs some kind of feminine  touch  to light it up. Considering a light lacey stencil or maybe scratching in some "grain"... 

Special thanks to Mom and Dad Britton Conway and Elle in the end it was a great team effort to finish "my " project. Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I think it looks great! Now I know it can be done...I'll try and tackle mine. I did repaint my kitchen stools first to see how it worked like you suggested, and I love them! Thanks for all the help! 😊

    ReplyDelete